We’re looking for a passionate PHP developer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience to join us in creating apps, online services and business-critical systems for organisations across the country. You will work on a range of exciting and life-changing digital projects.
We don’t just work in the digital world. We “do good with digital”. All the projects we undertake all have a positive social impact ranging from making the world a less lonely place to actively saving lives.
Reason Digital is a team of 42 people who’ve been using our digital expertise to tackle big social issues since 2008. Charities, social enterprises and companies work with us on digital projects that fight issues such as violent crime, drug and alcohol addiction, the food poverty crisis, and diseases that define our times – HIV/AIDS, dementia and diabetes.
Here’s why our developers enjoy working here:
“Seeing your work making an actual difference to people’s lives”
“Sense of purpose.”
“Learn new skills, training subscriptions, learning opportunities”
- Working with cross-discipline teams, you will liaise with Project Managers to deliver projects within agreed time and budget constraints
- Build bespoke applications and services from scratch
- Set up and maintain CMS, CRM systems
- Contribute your own ideas and features to projects alongside time estimates
- You will work as part of a project team across multiple different projects
Skills & Experience
- A good understanding of OOP
- Extensive knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Experience using the Laravel framework
- Experience of Node.js
- Self-motivation and the ability to produce quality results working to deadlines
- Passionate about writing scalable, clean code
- Experience with MVC and MVVM
You will receive exposure working with:
Working with and building RESTful web services and APIs
Experience using implementing cross browser/device solutions and working with content management systems
Creating application and database design and architecture
Work on and build apps in PHP 7.x and Vue.js
Work with WordPress and Drupal
Unit testing and continuous integration
The opportunity to contribute to open source projects
Our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There is other great stuff you will have access to too such as:
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- 28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
- Paid volunteering leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
- A staff perks package offering free mobile phone insurance and money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions
You will get involved in working on a diverse range of interesting projects working with charities and other organisations to deliver social good in an environment where your ideas will be heard and you will have input into key decisions, contracts and policies.
How to apply
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you’re perfect for the job.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES, RECRUITERS OR JOB BOARDS