Right now is a very strange time for everybody. Unfortunately, very little is known about what the next few months will look like. At Reason, we acknowledge the seriousness of the Coronavirus pandemic and have shared our current position here.
We do anticipate recruiting for the following role, but our ability to hold face to face meetings is of course, hampered at this time.
With this in mind we are taking applications, and encourage you to apply as normal. We will process applications remotely and will be in touch with next steps as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
Salary Range: £31,250 – £40,000
We’re looking for a talented Mid/Senior level backend developer to join us in creating apps, online services and business-critical systems for organisations across the country. You will work on a range of exciting and life-changing digital projects, examples of some of the projects we have already worked on include;
- Apps to make sex workers safer
- Web-based platforms to help the community access underutilized resources like transport and venues
- Apps that help prevent trips and falls for older people
- Platforms to help businesses and investors measure their impact on society
- Apps to that make it easy to donate unwanted goods to charity
- ….and so much more.
- 4+ years experience building web based applications
- Build and maintain complex web applications
- Use automated testing to support development
- Implement and use CI / CD tooling
- Maintain and develop containerised applications
- Work across multiple projects simultaneously
Skills & Experience
- Node JS / PHP
- AWS (including serverless)
- Experience in Laravel / Symfony frameworks
- Bitbucket / Github pipelining
Nice to haves:
- An understanding of frontend frameworks like Vue / React to make integrations easier
Our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There is other great benefits you will have access to too such as:
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- 28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
- Paid volunteering leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
- A staff perks package offering free mobile phone insurance and money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions