Head of Finance
We are currently on the look out for an ambitious Head of Finance to join our organisation at an exciting time.
Having achieved continuous year on year organic growth along with developing and successfully spinning out a number of ventures into their own companies within the group, we are currently seeking a qualified accountant to join our team to provide further support and strategic direction during our next phase of growth.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) with a minimum of 5 years experience within a similar role where you have been fully responsible for managing your own workload and providing board level financial information and advice.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the accuracy of the financial data and the maintenance of financial control throughout the business.
- Ensure that the correct revenue is recognised each month in the management accounts and that the client advance billing account is regularly reconciled.
- Ensuring that accurate monthly management accounts are prepared and presented to the management and Non Exec Advisory board within a timely manner following month end.
- Playing an active part in the construction and agreement of financial budgets and forecasts and providing reporting against budgets/ forecasts and the previous year, together with a full variance analysis.
- Work with the Head of Delivery to produce meaningful management information obtained from the Harvest Project System.
- Posting and management of all financial data using Xero Cloud Accounting Software.
- Ensuring all sales invoices are raised accurately and promptly.
- Monitoring and management of rolling cash flow forecasts.
- Credit Control – work with the account teams and management to ensure all debts are collected on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that suppliers’ invoices are approved and agreed, where appropriate, to POs and that payments are made in accordance with set terms.
- Ensuring the company credit card is posted and reconciled on a timely basis in the most efficient way.
- Supervising the company petty cash system and to ensure it is correctly operated and that it is regularly balanced and reconciled to the appropriate balance sheet account.
- Preparation of the company’s quarterly VAT return.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of the monthly payroll.
- Ensure that all balance sheet control accounts are all fully reconciled monthly.
- To work with the owners and the company’s external accountants to ensure full tax and statutory compliance.
- Providing advice and guidance to the management team for new ventures and subsidiary companies (including financial modelling and viability of new projects).
Our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There is other great benefits you will have access to too such as:
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- 28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
- Paid volunteering leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
- A staff perks package offering free mobile phone insurance and money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions
You will get involved in working on a diverse range of interesting projects working with charities and other organisations to deliver social good in an environment where your ideas will be heard and you will have input into key decisions, contracts and policies.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES, RECRUITERS OR JOB BOARDS