The person and the role
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Commercial Director to join our Manchester team, guiding Reason Digital through the commercial landscape.
You’ll have the energy and resourcefulness to try things out in a cost-effective way, be good at getting things done, and have an existing network of contacts within the technology industry. You should be able to talk to business and charity leaders, technologists and investors with credibility and free from jargon.
We’re fortunate to partner with charities and the public and private sectors to tackle poverty and homelessness, promote equality and learning, and to build digital products and services that tackle diseases that define our times, including cancer, Alzheimer’s and HIV/AIDS. You’ll be passionate about the possibilities of digital technology to protect, save and change lives.
Responsible to: Managing Director
Responsible for: Commercial and Partnerships teams
Salary: Dependent on experience
Contracted hours: 35 hours per week, with a flexible approach expected to meet business needs and regular travel across the UK.
- Develop a healthy pipeline by securing, managing and retaining new business
- Contribute to financial forecasting and running a budget
- Develop strategies and direct account management
- Develop key commercial partnerships
- Develop and implement the commercial strategy, working closely with the Founders and Senior Management Team
- Take ownership of client satisfaction and ensure this is embedded within our commercial strategy
- Identify new market opportunities
- Establish optimal pricing to balance profit with customer/client satisfaction, and directing marketing operations
- Guide and continue to develop a high performing commercial and partnerships team
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years experience in a senior commercial leadership role
- Proven track record of hitting sales targets
- Strong project management ability
- Exemplary negotiation skills
- Strong experience of drafting and negotiating client contracts
- Extensive market research experience
- Knowledge and direct experience in a digital agency environment
Competencies and Attributes
- Leadership and Collaboration – You’re looking to change, grow and succeed as a person and to raise the level of the team around you
- Accountability – You’re self-directed, self-organising and able to take responsibility for working to priorities, addressing challenges and getting results
- Managing Expectations – You make clearly defined commitments and stick to them
- Decision Making – You make decisions based on evidence, and you’re able to keep a cool, logical head with the best interests of the client, project and delivery team in mind
- Embracing change – You believe there is always a better way and can confidently adapt to change whilst maintaining control of budget, timelines, quality & relationships
- Resilience – you can handle different views and take control of challenging situations proactively and objectively but know when to ask for help
Our bright and airy open plan offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations. We are united not only by a desire to do good with digital but by the open, supportive culture that encourages and rewards innovation. We are constantly looking for opportunities to try new technologies, tools and processes. If you’ve got an idea, we’ll take the time to listen and empower you to try it out.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a transparent approach to how we assess and reward high performance.
Other perks and benefits include:
- Flexible working hours and opportunities to work from home
- 9-day fortnights – every other Friday off
- 20 days + 8 public holidays paid annual leave and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
- Childcare and eye care vouchers
- Company pension scheme
- Wellness days – a no-questions-asked day off if you need it
- Mental health first aiders on site
- Bring your dog to work days
- Interest groups for initiatives such as public speaking, workshop facilitation, Agile working and more
- Active groups for regular Yoga sessions, walking, cycling and racquet sports
- Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more
- A staff perks package offering free mobile phone insurance and money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions
- Work on Mac or a PC, specced to the demands of your role
- Free tea, coffee, vegan milk and fruit all year round, ice cream in the summer
- £1,000 annual personal development allowance, access to training materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
How to apply
Simply fill out the form below and attach your CV and cover letter.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES, RECRUITERS OR JOB BOARDS.