Business Development Manager (London)
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Business Development Manager based in London to help define and shape our pipeline process and to help us reach our ambitious sales targets.
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Business Development Manager based in or around London to help define and shape our pipeline process and to help us reach our ambitious sales targets. You’ll work with a New Business Executive and have support from our marketing and senior management teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply your skills to helping charities, social enterprise and corporate responsibility departments deliver real social change while defining your own role and new business process as part of a growing business that’s on its way to being a leader in the “tech for good” space and the digital agency of choice for the smart nonprofit.
You’ll be responsible for defining your role and the agency’s new business processes, including the following…
Managing the pipeline from end to end, including:
- Researching, generating, qualifying and following up strong opportunities in our key sectors;
- Leading the agency’s response to credential and PQQ/ITT requests prospects;
- Managing the pitch process;
- Achieving monthly sales targets and other KPIs including sales targets, reporting of pipeline and opportunity progression.
Building and nurturing relationships, including:
- Organising meetings to present products and services to prospective customers;
- Attending industry functions ranging from conferences and seminars, forums, breakfast and dinner meetings as well as a host of awards ceremonies
- Working with our internal teams (marketing to steer lead gen activity to support sales effort and design/development to come up with solutions to client objectives and ensure client requirements are achievable on their budgets);
- Collaborating with partner organisations.
Owning the new business process, including:
- Implementing a robust, sustainable and scalable new business process;
- Ensuring all documentation is completed to required standards;
- Assisting in the contract negotiation process;
- Producing accurate and timely reports on performance against targets;
- Reporting weekly sales and providing forecast figures to the Senior Management Team.
You’ll be measured not only against the number of opportunities landed and their average value, but also against your contribution to our other business goals: levels of social impact, customer/partner satisfaction and staff fulfilment.
Skills, knowledge and experience
We’re looking for an experienced business development manager with a demonstrable track record in a digital agency environment, who gets a buzz out of turning opportunities into wins.
You’ll also have the following attributes:
- Commercial awareness and a strategic mindset, always looking for new ways to add value;
- A proven ability to develop and deliver effective pitches;
- Dynamic, energetic, ambitious, positive and enthusiastic;
- A driven self-starter with initiative and motivation to succeed;
- A team player, with the ability to build relationships based on trust and understanding;
- Highly organised, methodical and able to adopt a proactive, systemised approach;
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation and negotiation skills.
We offer a market rate salary with a great flexible benefits package which includes 28 days’ holiday, flexible working, pension, childcare vouchers, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, workplace sickness scheme, choose a Mac or a PC, get paid volunteering leave and more!
How to apply
Apply by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES, RECRUITERS OR JOB BOARDS