WordPress specialist developer (UK remote)
Be a key part of supporting pro-social organisations' digital tools and ensure lasting impact.
We are looking for a WordPress Specialist developer to join our team. But this isn’t any normal job… at Reason Digital you regularly work on a range of exciting and life-changing digital projects.
We solve problems that actually matter
Reason Digital is a unique and special place to be. As one of our Development team, you’d be working every day with charities and other pro-social organisations to change the world for the better through design.
Joining our team means working on a diverse range of inspiring and life-changing digital projects. Rather than spending our time selling more stuff on the internet, we build digital tools, like this:
A chatbot to provide support to young people at risk of being groomed or exploited
An app that helps parents and carers of children with serious illnesses, to better manage their complex medicinal routines
Web-based peer to peer platform, which helps those in need to apply for the benefits they require and deserve
The work we do makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier. Join our team of digital heroes today.
A remote-first workplace
There’s no doubt about it – It’s a strange time to be hiring. Like many others, our team has worked remotely for eight months now, and we’re proud to say that we’re still delivering beautiful and impactful work that changes lives.
As a result we’re opening up to a new way of working. Reason Digital is now a remote-first organisation. This means:
We still have a lovely office space in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and when it is safe to return, we’ll offer this as a collaboration space or a base to work from depending on your needs.
We are flexible with how people choose to work; full-time remote working, or part-time remote working.
The role: WordPress Specialist Developer
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000
We’re looking for a person who believes that digital should be used to solve problems that actually matter.
Someone that can put digital to use in helping people, not just serving customers. Someone who thrives working with external partners and a project team around them. Someone who wants to build for social change, and a genuine commitment towards our cause and our work.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in working as a developer in a support team, will relish the nature of agency work and solving a huge range of problems for a diverse set of clients.
- Working closely with our Support Manager to ensure timely resolution to tickets raised via Service Desk
- Communicating clearly with clients to ensure support issues can be resolved
- Contribution to the continuous development of our tools, process and culture
We’re looking for an ‘all rounder’, but here are some of the areas that we feel are particularly important to the role. You don’t need to have experience of all of these, but they should help give you a picture of the work we do. We’re also open to a range of candidates in terms of experience for this role, the key details are listed below.
- Understands the wider context of the problems they are solving
- Can identify and troubleshoot WordPress problems efficiently
- Experience in WordPress front- and back-end
- Ability to handle multiple ticket priorities within strict time constraints
What success looks like for this role
- Continuous high client satisfaction of our support service
- Hitting individual, team and project goals
- Delighting clients with great, simple, technology solutions
Background in / experience which includes at least 3 years experience of:
- PHP; specifically WordPress
- Working in a Service Desk environment
- Working within an agency (or comparable environment – multiple constrained projects / multiple unconnected stakeholders)
Direct accountability to senior figures on client side
- Working with clients of varying digital maturity, technical knowledge and organisational seniority
Tech for Good
- Direct experience of working in the non-profit or social good sector is not essential, but some experience of designing for social change is essential
Once things return to normal (whenever that may be!) our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations and, though we are a remote-first organisation, this space can be used for collaboration or as a base to work from if WFH full-time just isn’t for you. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There is other great benefits you will have access to too such as:
A choice to opt in to the 9-day fortnight scheme: This means you compress your working fortnight into 9 days instead of 10, giving you every other Friday off. That’s an extra 26 days off per year!
Flexible working hours
Enhanced maternity and parental leave package
28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
Paid volunteering leave
Eye care vouchers
Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
A staff perks package offering money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions