Senior Front-End Developer (full time, remote)
Do you want the chance to solve some of the biggest problems affecting society? Do you have a passion for tech for good? Do you want to join our growing social enterprise? We have an exciting opportunity in our development team for an Senior Front End Developer, helping amplify Reason Digital’s impact on society and our people.
A developer who believes that digital should be used to solve problems that actually matter. Someone who is able to see a problem from many angles, to think methodically but creatively about a solution and has the discipline and commitment to see it through to the most important point – the point that it’s making a difference in the real world.
Salary: £36,500 – £45,000
Reporting to: Technical Director
Remote or hybrid role – work from home or from our Manchester office.
- Build websites / SPAs for charity clients
- Contribution to the continuous development of our tools, process and culture
Who is the ideal candidate?
Background in / experience which includes at least 3 years experience of:
- Accessibility and Performance Principles
- CMSes and theming
- SPAs and JS build tools
- Bespoke development
- Estimation and planning against specification
- Workflows, technical architecture and documentation
- Team and client comms
- Can work to multiple methodologies: Agile, Traditional waterfall and Product Design Sprint
- Hungry to apply their skills and knowledge to the clients and causes we work with
- Relishes the nature of agency work; enjoys working directly with clients and within project constraints
- Excited by opportunities to learn and grow and an individual and as part of a team
- Driven to produce high quality client and outcomes and great team results
- Understands the wider context of the problems they are solving
- Able to work individually and in a team to solve complex problems
In an ideal world, you’d have:
- Working within an agency (or comparable environment – multiple constrained projects / multiple unconnected stakeholders)
- Direct accountability to senior figures on client side
- Working with clients of varying digital maturity, technical knowledge and organisational seniority
- Direct experience of working in the non-profit or social good sector is not essential, but some experience of designing for social change is essential
We’re looking for someone who meets our values:
Gives out Good Energy - Someone who brings the best out of any team they are in (including the client).
Takes Pride in their Craft - Someone who produces work to the best of their ability, and actively seeks to improve the work they do.
Sees the bigger picture - Someone who understands who Reason Digital are and how we can make biggest human impact possible.
Unafraid to challenge - Someone who pushes boundaries and participates in difficult conversations.
Down to earth - Someone who is honest, authentic and dependable.
What success looks like for this role
- Adding to our agency portfolio of high quality, impactful work
- Hitting individual, team and project goals
- Delighting clients with great, simple, technology solutions
What we’re working on right now…
We’re a proud Social Enterprise passionate about using digital to protect, save and change lives. We achieve this through our work with charities, non-profits and CSR projects. We’re fortunate to partner with organisations tackling poverty and homelessness, promoting equality and learning, and building solutions to issues that define our times, including Cancer, Food Poverty, Diabetes and HIV/AIDS.
Sounds like pretty serious stuff and sure, it is! But we have fun tackling these issues together, encouraging cross collaboration between teams and always being open to different ways of working, particularly if it involves a post-it note or Miro board!
Working exclusively with prosocial clients means we get to know and support some incredible causes. Below gives you some insight into what your work could be contributing to.
- WellChild: An awesome charity which gives seriously ill children the chance to thrive. At Reason, we support the parents and carers of those children to manage complex and cumbersome medicine routines, lifting the load ever so slightly.
- Terrence Higgins Trust:working at the forefront of the fight against HIV, Terrence Higgins Trust is a ground breaking charity and one we’re privileged to support.
- Liberty: A bold charity challenging injustice, defending freedom and campaigning to make sure everyone in the UK is treated fairly.
Our bright and airy office is right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There are other great benefits you will have access to such as:
- Flexible working hours
- 9 day fortnight scheme available
- Flexible working (home/office based)
- 28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Paid sick, emergency, and compassionate leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
- Paid volunteering leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to training, materials, and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
- A staff Perkbox package offering free mobile phone insurance and money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions
You will get involved in working on a diverse range of interesting projects working with charities and other organisations to deliver social good, in an environment where your ideas will be heard and you will have input into key decisions, contracts and policies.