Senior Business Development Manager
Do you want the chance to solve some of the biggest problems affecting society? Do you have a passion for tech for good? Do you want to join our growing social enterprise? We have an exciting opportunity in our commercial team for an aspiring Business Developer Manager, helping amplify Reason Digital’s impact on society and our people.
Do you want the chance to solve some of the biggest problems affecting society? Do you have a passion for tech for good? Do you want to join our growing social enterprise? We have an exciting opportunity in our Sales and Marketing team for an experienced Senior Business Development Manager, helping us win more work in the Charity and Tech For Good space whilst increasing our pro-social impact.
Salary: £37,000 – £43,000
Reporting to: Sales Director
Remote or hybrid role – work from home or from our Manchester office.
Your key aim is to support the Sales Team to win New Business opportunities.
- Generate and qualify sales opportunities and leads, acting as the first point of contact for all new business enquiries;
- Nurture, negotiate and close deals within set timeframes;
- Manage a strong pipeline throughout the year in line with organisational targets;
- Work with our wider delivery team to provide quotes and approaches for technically complex work;
- Draw up proposals, as well as planning and delivering pitches to potential clients;
- Tailor case studies based on client requirements;
- Attend industry networking events, as well as Reason Digital events to nurture potential relationships and build the pipeline;
- Network to promote brand awareness and build relationships with potential clients;
- Ensure a smooth transition of clients from the sales process to the wider delivery team;
- Act as an ambassador for Reason Digital, and the work we do;
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and ideas within digital, and the wider charity sector.
Who is the ideal Candidate?
Your skills and experience
- A proven track record within Business Development – generating and developing leads, writing proposals, costing, pitching for, winning and contracting new work
- Demonstrable desire and ability to empathise with clients, think strategically about their problems and shape and pitch the best solution for the client, their stakeholders and the cause.
- A digital agency background, with confidence in understanding how to best utilise digital to address a client brief
- Ability to qualify opportunities in or out based on strategic priorities balanced with a revenue target
- The ability to build strong relationships with clients and the Reason Digital Team
- Experience in briefing multiple teams on complex client briefs
- The ability to bring teams together, to collaborate and manage the sales process including the development of required sales collateral
- The ability to balance competing priorities, work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong influencing and negotiation skills. Valuing honest and open communication, never avoiding challenging conversations.
- The ability to continuously improve personal and team performance, and sales process based on partner feedback
- Experience in consistently achieving set targets
In an ideal world, you’d have
- Experience of working in charities, social innovation or CSR markets
- People management skills
- Knowledge of current digital technologies including CMS’s / CRM’s / Chatbots
We’re looking for someone who meets our values:
Gives out Good Energy – Someone who brings the best out of any team they are in (including the client).
Takes Pride in their Craft – Someone who produces work to the best of their ability, and actively seeks to improve the work they do.
Sees the bigger picture – Someone who understands who Reason Digital are and how we can make biggest human impact possible.
Unafraid to challenge – Someone who pushes boundaries and participates in difficult conversations.
Down to earth – Someone who is honest, authentic & dependable.
What success looks like for this role
- Achievement of revenue targets in line with organisation requirements
- Winning the ‘right type’ of work which excites our team whilst delivering positive social impact
- Delivering excellent service to prospects and partners throughout the sales process.
What we’re working on right now…
We’re a proud Social Enterprise passionate about using digital to protect, save and change lives. We achieve this through our work with charities, non-profits and CSR projects. We’re fortunate to partner with organisations tackling poverty and homelessness, promoting equality and learning, and building solutions to issues that define our times, including Cancer, Food Poverty, Diabetes and HIV/AIDS.
Sounds like pretty serious stuff and sure, it is! But we have fun tackling these issues together, encouraging cross-collaboration between teams and always being open to different ways of working, particularly if it involves a post-it note or Miro board!
Working exclusively with prosocial clients means we get to know and support some incredible causes. Below gives you some insight into what your work could be contributing to.
- WellChild: An awesome charity which gives seriously ill children the chance to thrive. At Reason, we support the parents and carers of those children to manage complex and cumbersome medicine routines, lifting the load ever so slightly.
- Terrence Higgins Trust: working at the forefront of the fight against HIV, Terrence Higgins Trust is a groundbreaking charity and one we’re privileged to support.
- Liberty: A bold charity challenging injustice, defending freedom and campaigning to make sure everyone in the UK is treated fairly.
Our bright and airy office is right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There are other great benefits you will have access to such as:
- Flexible working hours
- 9 day fortnight scheme available
- Flexible working (home/office based)
- 28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Paid sick, emergency, and compassionate leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
- Paid volunteering leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to training, materials, and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
- A staff Perkbox package offering free mobile phone insurance and money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions
You will get involved in working on a diverse range of interesting projects working with charities and other organisations to deliver social good, in an environment where your ideas will be heard and you will have input into key decisions, contracts and policies.