Front End Developer (Mid/Senior) – UK Remote
Join us in developing digital tools that change lives for those who need it most.
We solve problems that actually matter
Reason Digital is a unique and special place to be. As one of our dev team, you’d be working every day with charities and other pro-social organisations to change the world for the better with tech.
Joining our team means working on a diverse range of inspiring and life-changing digital projects. Rather than spending our time selling more stuff on the internet, we build digital tools, like this:
A chatbot to provide support to young people at risk of being groomed or exploited
An app that helps parents and carers of children with serious illnesses, to better manage their complex medicinal routines
- Web-based peer to peer platform, which helps those in need to apply for the benefits they need and deserve
The work we do makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier. So, how do you fancy joining our team of digital heroes today?
A remote-first workplace
There’s no doubt about it – It’s a strange time to be hiring. Like many others, our team has worked remotely for eight months now, and we’re proud to say that we’re still delivering beautiful and impactful work that changes lives.
As a result we’re opening up to a new way of working. Reason Digital is now a remote-first organisation. This means:
We still have a lovely office space in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and we offer this as a collaboration space or a base to work from depending on your needs.
We are flexible with how people choose to work; full-time remote working, or part-time remote working.
UK Remote Only
Although this is a remote role, we’re currently only accepting applications from candidates who are based in and have a right to work in the UK. We are unable to accept applications from candidates who are based overseas at this time.
Responsible to: Technical Director
Salary: £25,500 – £42,000 (FTE) dependent on experience.
Contracted hours: 15-30 hours per week (flexible)
- Working with the Front-end Team to develop bespoke websites, web applications and prototypes
- Working on and developing key Reason Digital products
- Collaborating with other team project members across a spectrum of disciplines to deliver great work
- Provide accurate estimates to ensure smooth project timelines and clear client expectations
- Learning and utilising frameworks and libraries to improve the speed, compatibility and quality of your work
- Working with the rest of the team to develop your skills in tools, frameworks and techniques that we’ll use for future projects
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience in a commercial environment
- CMS-driven theme development from the ground-up; particularly Drupal and ideally WordPress
- SPA and JS MVC/MVVM development e.g. Vue.js, React, Angular, etc.
- Creating and enhancing development workflows e.g. Webpack, Gulp, etc.
- Good knowledge of web accessibility principles
- Good knowledge of browser performance principles
- Good knowledge and understanding of PHP
- Source control via Git and Bitbucket
Works towards continuous improvement
Researches, experiments, and adopts new techniques without compromising the team or client experience
Has self awareness & empathy
Has strong convictions loosely held; confident in abilities but always open to learning
High level of emotional intelligence; able to gives, receive and act on radically candid feedback
Once things return to normal (whenever that may be!) our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations and, though we are a remote-first organisation, this space can be used for collaboration or as a base to work from if WFH full-time just isn’t for you. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There are other great benefits you will have access to too such as:
A choice to opt in to the 9-day fortnight scheme: This means you compress your working fortnight into 9 days instead of 10, giving you every other Friday off. That’s an extra 26 days off per year!
Flexible working hours
Enhanced maternity and parental leave package
28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
Paid volunteering leave
Eye care vouchers
Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
A staff perks package offering money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions