Digital Strategist (UK Remote)
Join us in leading digital projects that change lives for those who need it most.
Do you want the chance to solve some of the biggest problems affecting society? Do you have a passion for tech for good? Do you want to join our growing social enterprise?
We have an exciting opportunity in our Strategy and Transformation team for an experienced strategist or consultant to support our charity clients to make the most out of digital. As a Digital Strategist, you’ll be helping our charity partners to identify how digital can support their causes by optimising what they’re already doing and creating new digital products and services. You’ll work across a range of clients and cause areas and get stuck into some of the most interesting problems facing society.
We’re specifically looking for someone with an analytical mindset, a curiosity around user behaviour and an appreciation for the complex landscape charities work within.
Salary: £33,000 – £40,950 (dependant on experience)
Remote-first or Hybrid, with access to our Manchester office if desired.
A remote-first workplace
There’s no doubt about it – It’s a strange time to be hiring. Like many others, our team has worked remotely for eight months now, and we’re proud to say that we’re still delivering beautiful and impactful work that changes lives.
As a result we’re opening up to a new way of working. Reason Digital is now a remote-first organisation. This means:
We still have a lovely office space in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and when it is safe to return, we’ll offer this as a collaboration space or a base to work from depending on your needs.
We are flexible with how people choose to work; full-time remote working, or part-time remote working.
UK Remote Only
Although this is a remote role, we’re currently only accepting applications from candidates who are based in and have a right to work in the UK. We are unable to accept applications from candidates who are based overseas at this time.
What you will work on
Your key aim is to help set our charity partners up for success in their digital projects. You will be responsible for;
- Dissecting client briefs and problems to get to the core of what our clients and their users need.
- Delivering strategic projects for our clients – exploring a problem area and providing potential solutions and recommendations.
- Supporting the Discovery phase of Design and Build projects – running workshops, leading desk research, doing data analysis and conducting user research.
- Generating insight from user data (both qualitative and quantitative) to inform the design and build of digital products and services for our charity clients.
- Building and nurturing relationships with existing clients and identifying opportunities to enhance their digital offerings.
- Developing digital strategies and roadmaps for our clients to support their digital transformation
Who is the ideal Candidate?
- Hungry to apply their skills and knowledge to the causes we work with
- Relishes the nature of agency work; enjoys taking ownership, working at a fast pace in uncertain situations
- Highly analytical and detail oriented whilst considering the specific context
- Driven and passionate about producing high-quality deliverables, appropriate for the client’s needs
- Has experience of working in and adapting to a niche market (ideally pro-social work)
- Strong administration and organisational skills. Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work on your own initiative
- Familiar with digital product development, digital marketing and design thinking techniques
- Communicating and working well with our clients
- Deciding on the best way to approach a project and accurately quoting for it
- Supporting our commercial team by inputting into project proposals, pitches and estimates for strategy work
- Helping clients and internal teams to see the value of data, research and strategy
- Understanding a client’s situation and adapting to their needs
- Supporting clients to secure internal and external funding for digital projects by inputting into the approach, budgeting and KPIs
- Deconstructing complex problems and providing a clear way forward
- Analysing and interpreting data (ideally experience of GA4, GTM, Search console and other common web analytics tools)
- Delivering interactive and engaging client workshops
- Creating digital roadmaps with clients and supporting them to scope, prioritise and sequence projects
- Providing insightful and useful client reports, strategies and other deliverables
- Specialist knowledge of SEO, content strategy, digital transformation, product strategy or service design is welcomed.
(Not your average) Agency
- Ideally, you’re used to an agency environment (or a comparable environment working on multiple projects or clients)
- Working in the charity sector brings all sorts of warm fuzzy feelings, but it can also bring tighter-than-average budget constraints. We’d love someone who’s not afraid to take on a challenge; delivering great work within those constraints.
Tech for Good
- We’re always looking for someone who is motivated by creating social change, but as fired up as you may be, experience isn’t always easy to get. So, if this is your bag, but you’re yet to get into it – we still want to hear from you.
We’re looking for someone who meets our values:
Gives out Good Energy - Someone who brings the best out of any team they are in (including the client).
Takes Pride in their Craft - Someone who produces work to the best of their ability, and actively seeks to improve the work they do.
Sees the bigger picture - Someone who understands who Reason Digital are and how we can make biggest human impact possible.
Unafraid to challenge - Someone who pushes boundaries and participates in difficult conversations.
Down to earth - Someone who is honest, authentic & dependable.
Once things return to normal (whenever that may be!) our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations and, though we are a remote-first organisation, this space can be used for collaboration or as a base to work from if WFH full-time just isn’t for you. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There are other great benefits you will have access to too such as:
A choice to opt in to the 9-day fortnight scheme: This means you compress your working fortnight into 9 days instead of 10, giving you every other Friday off. That’s an extra 26 days off per year!
Flexible working hours
Enhanced maternity and parental leave package
28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
Paid volunteering leave
Eye care vouchers
Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
A staff perks package offering money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions