Digital Project Manager – UK Remote
Join us in managing the creation of digital tools that change lives for those who need it most.
We solve problems that actually matter
Reason Digital is a unique and special place to be. As a digital project manager, you’d be working every day with charities and other pro-social organisations to change the world for the better with tech.
Joining our team means working on a diverse range of inspiring and life-changing digital projects. Rather than spending our time selling more stuff on the internet, we build digital tools, like this:
A chatbot to provide support to young people at risk of being groomed or exploited
An app that helps parents and carers of children with serious illnesses, to better manage their complex medicinal routines
- Web-based peer to peer platform, which helps those in need to apply for the benefits they need and deserve
The work we do makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier. So, how do you fancy joining our team of digital heroes today?
A remote-first workplace
There’s no doubt about it – It’s a strange time to be hiring. Like many others, our team has worked remotely for eight months now, and we’re proud to say that we’re still delivering beautiful and impactful work that changes lives.
As a result we’re opening up to a new way of working. Reason Digital is now a remote-first organisation. This means:
We still have a lovely office space in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and we offer this as a collaboration space or a base to work from depending on your needs.
We are flexible with how people choose to work; full-time remote working, or part-time remote working.
UK Remote Only
Although this role is offered on a remote basis, we’re currently only accepting applications from candidates who are based in and have a right to work in the UK. We are unable to accept applications from candidates who are based overseas at this time.
The Role: Project Manager
Salary: £26,000 – £32,000
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital Project Manager to join us to oversee the creation of websites, mobile applications and digital services that deliver a positive social impact. Our projects and clients demand adaptability and innovation and you’ll be able to combine strong knowledge of delivery methodologies with a pragmatic approach and open mind.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on life changing products for our clients as well as getting involved with our in-house projects. The role includes a mix of end-to-end delivery of brand new websites and apps as well as ongoing development and evolution of established products. We also provide strategic, creative, marketing and digital transformation projects for our clients.
It will be your responsibility to take ownership of a project, working with our clients and your team to deliver impactful results. We are a growing agency and everyone here is encouraged to take an active part in helping us to constantly improve our tools, process and culture.
To take ownership of project delivery and lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver digital projects and products that delight our clients, are profitable for our business, satisfy our employees and create a positive social impact.
What you will work on
The projects we work on reach millions of users and tackle the toughest social issues. Some examples include:
- A multi award-winning digital service tackling loneliness for Age UK
- A platform to take millions of pounds of donations for Children In Need
- The Gone For Good iOS and Android app – revolutionising the way people donate goods to charity
- Websites that reach thousands of users every day to improve their health, education and quality of life
- Chat bot and virtual assistant technology to support vulnerable individuals
- You’ll have a digital/software background and experience with website design and build projects of varying sizes
- You’ve got experience working as part of a digital agency, working with external digital agencies or working within an in-house digital team
- You’ve got experience of Agile delivery methodologies, with or without a recognised Agile project management qualification
- Ideally you’ll also have experience managing native app design and build project
- Communication – You value honest and open communication, you never avoid difficult conversations and know how to negotiate
- Project Management Tools – You know how to use Jira or similar task-based project management tools
- Managing Expectations – You make clearly defined commitments and stick to them
- Empathy & Respect – You have empathy & respect for clients and co-workers – you are courteous, patient and considerate, always maintaining a professional demeanor even in a stressful environment
- Asking Questions – You’re always the one to ask ‘Why?’ You are driven to make sure we are always working in the most efficient way towards the right goal
- Decision Making – You make decisions based on evidence, and you’re able to keep a cool, logical head with the best interests of the client, project and delivery team in mind
- Embracing change – You believe there is always a better way and can confidently adapt to change whilst maintaining control of budget, timelines, quality & relationships
- Self Organisation – You are a self-starter and take responsibility for your own schedule and workload and know when to delegate
- Self Awareness – You’re self-assured in your abilities and opinions but always open to learn from mistakes, hear new ideas and take constructive criticism
- Attention to Detail – You don’t let things slide and value the little extras that make a big difference
- Team Player – You are a team player – you can collaborate to achieve shared goals. You’re not driven by an ego or afraid to work beyond your job description to get things done
- Resilience – you can handle different views and take control of challenging situations proactively and objectively but know when to ask for help
- Always learning – Every day is a school day and you’re always looking for opportunities to learn and share your knowledge with others
Our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations and, though we are a remote-first organisation, this space can be used for collaboration or as a base to work from if WFH full-time just isn’t for you. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There is other great benefits you will have access to too such as:
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced maternity and parental leave package
- 28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
- Paid volunteering leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
- A staff perks package offering money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions
You can also opt-in to the 9-day fortnight scheme. This means you compress your working fortnight into 9 days instead of 10, giving you every other Friday off. That’s an extra 26 days off per year!