Digital Partner (UK remote)
Join us in creating long-lasting, impactful partnerships that help charities do good with digital.
We solve problems that actually matter
Reason Digital is a unique and special place to be. As one of our Digital Partners, you’d be working every day with charities and other pro-social organisations to change the world for the better through guiding their digital strategies.
Joining our team means working on a diverse range of inspiring and life-changing digital projects. Rather than spending our time selling more stuff on the internet, we build digital tools, like this:
- A chatbot to provide support to young people at risk of being groomed or exploited
- An app that helps parents and carers of children with serious illnesses, to better manage their complex medicinal routines
- Web-based peer to peer platform, which helps those in need to apply for the benefits they require and deserve
The work we do makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier. Join our team of digital heroes today.
A remote-first workplace
There’s no doubt about it – It’s a strange time to be hiring. Like many others, our team has worked remotely for eight months now, and we’re proud to say that we’re still delivering beautiful and impactful work that changes lives.
As a result we’re opening up to a new way of working. Reason Digital is now a remote-first organisation. This means:
We still have a lovely office space in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and when it is safe to return, we’ll offer this as a collaboration space or a base to work from depending on your needs.
We are flexible with how people choose to work; full-time remote working, or part-time remote working.
- Mid: £32,000 – £36,500
- Senior: £37,500 – £43,000
We’re looking for a person who believes that digital should be used to solve problems that actually matter.
Someone that can put digital to use in helping people, not just serving customers. Someone who thrives working with external partners and a project team around them. Someone who wants to build for social change, and a genuine commitment towards our cause and our work.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in working as a developer in a project team, will relish the nature of agency work and solving a huge range of problems for a diverse set of clients.
- Digital Strategy Consultancy: You will set the strategic direction of our biggest projects, and work closely with our partners during strategy and discovery. You’ll support partners with all aspects of defining and executing their digital strategy, including helping them define their digital team structure.
- Relationship management: You will have a small number of relationships to build and nurture with our key clients. Our ultimate goal is to support them to achieve the most social impact using digital.
- Opportunity generation: You will generate opportunities for Reason Digital to support not for profit partners in digital strategy, design and development. You’ll work with our partners to create well defined briefs and work with our new projects team to define potential solutions for those briefs.
We’re looking for an ‘all rounder’, but here are some of the areas that we feel are particularly important to the role. You don’t need to have experience of all of these, but they should help give you a picture of the work we do. We’re also open to a range of candidates in terms of experience for this role, the key details are listed below.
- Delivering high quality, impactful strategy work
- Building and strengthening our client relationships
- Hitting individual, team and project goals
Background in / experience which includes
- You’ll be a problem-solver and be able to identify and facilitate organisational solutions to problems / opportunities faced in different cause areas.
- You’ll be creative, innovative and be good at sourcing ideas and encouraging idea generation in others.
- You’ll have knowledge and experience in identifying and addressing organisational problems. You’ll work with your range of clients to really figure out what’s important to them and their organisation.
- You’ll be comfortable working with complexity and ambiguity. You’ll think broadly and take into account sector trends when making recommendations.
- You’ll be a self-starter that can take ownership of your workload, get things done, and be able to foster and maintain strong relationships with colleagues at Reason Digital and the wider sector.
- You’ll have emotional intelligence and good people skills. You’ll have excellent communication skills: written, conversational, and presentational.
- You’ll have extensive experience delivering strategic support, and working with clients.
- You’ll be comfortable defining a delivery approach, and using a variety of methods (including workshop facilitation) to achieve your aims.
Our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations and, though we are a remote-first organisation, this space can be used for collaboration or as a base to work from if WFH full-time just isn’t for you. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There is other great benefits you will have access to too such as:
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced maternity and parental leave package
- 28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
- Paid volunteering leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
- A staff perks package offering money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions
You can also opt-in to the 9-day fortnight scheme. This means you compress your working fortnight into 9 days instead of 10, giving you every other Friday off. That’s an extra 26 days off per year!