Designer (UK remote)
Join us in creating digital tools that change lives for those who need it most.
We are looking for a Mid-Senior Designer to join our team. But this isn’t any normal job… at Reason Digital you regularly work on a range of exciting and life-changing digital projects.
We solve problems that actually matter
Reason Digital is a unique and special place to be. As one of our design team, you’d be working every day with charities and other pro-social organisations to change the world for the better with tech.
Joining our team means working on a diverse range of inspiring and life-changing digital projects. Rather than spending our time selling more stuff on the internet, we build digital tools, like this:
A chatbot to provide support to young people at risk of being groomed or exploited
An app that helps parents and carers of children with serious illnesses, to better manage their complex medicinal routines
- Web-based peer to peer platform, which helps those in need to apply for the benefits they need and deserve
The work we do makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier. So, how do you fancy joining our team of digital heroes today?
A remote-first workplace
There’s no doubt about it – It’s a strange time to be hiring. Like many others, our team has worked remotely for eight months now, and we’re proud to say that we’re still delivering beautiful and impactful work that changes lives.
As a result we’re opening up to a new way of working. Reason Digital is now a remote-first organisation. This means:
We still have a lovely office space in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and when it is safe to return, we’ll offer this as a collaboration space or a base to work from depending on your needs.
We are flexible with how people choose to work; full-time remote working, or part-time remote working.
The role: Mid-senior Designer
Salary: £29,000 – £40,000
We’re looking for a person who believes that digital should be used to solve problems that actually matter.
Someone that can articulate how design can be used to help people, not just serve customers. Someone who thrives working with external partners and a project team around them. Someone who wants to design for social change, and a genuine commitment towards our cause and our work.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in working in digital design, will relish the nature of agency work and solving a huge range of problems for a diverse set of clients.
- Direct design and facilitation work on our projects and products
- Continuous development of our tools, process and culture
- Facilitation of internal & external workshops and Sprints
- Direct relationships on each project
We’re looking for an ‘all rounder’, but here are some of the areas that we feel are particularly important to the role. You don’t need to have experience of all of these, but they should help give you a picture of the work we do.
- Contribution to project planning and estimation for proposals and pitches
- Web Design, App Design
- Working with Sketch and Invision
- Working in an agency (or comparable) environment; multiple constrained projects/multiple unconnected stakeholders
Tech for Good
- Working in the non-profit or social good sector is not essential, but we need to see experience of designing for social change
Delivers a great Client Experience
- Invests in building client relationships
- Discovers, understands and delivers best outcomes through inclusive dialogue
- Understands context and project constraints that frames design problems
- Experience of both digital design and UX research
- Works well within a multi-discipline project team; works to deadlines and dependencies
- Understand and works to the needs of all stakeholders
- Reads the room – listens to people and adjusts communication style to suit; capable of inspiring and building narrative
- Able to lead and facilitate workshops and consultation
- Holds difficult conversations in an open and positive way
Works towards continuous improvement
- Researches, experiments, and adopts new techniques without compromising the team or client experience
Has self awareness & empathy
- Has strong convictions loosely held; confident in abilities but always open to learning
- High level of emotional intelligence; able to gives, receive and act on radically candid feedback
Once things return to normal (whenever that may be!) our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations and, though we are a remote-first organisation, this space can be used for collaboration or as a base to work from if WFH full-time just isn’t for you. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There are other great benefits you will have access to too such as:
A choice to opt in to the 9-day fortnight scheme: This means you compress your working fortnight into 9 days instead of 10, giving you every other Friday off. That’s an extra 26 days off per year!
Flexible working hours
Enhanced maternity and parental leave package
28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
Paid volunteering leave
Eye care vouchers
Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
A staff perks package offering money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions